In our nice little Java JDBC Code we did somthing to write into a MySQL JDBC table like
Clob data = pst.getConnection().createClob(); pst.setClob(i, data);
Unfortunately this gave us a nice exception.
After some research on java.lang.AbstractMethodError it seemed like the Apache Commons DBCP lib in Tomcat 6 (v 6.0.39) has a Bug. We noticed that this error does NOT happen in Tomcat 7. As we had our machine already running Oracle JRE7, we were tempted to use the DBCP-Commons from our Tomcat 7.0.42 by directly swapping the tomcat-dbcp.jar in the Tomcat 6 lib folder. We do not take any gurantee that this works for you, but even after intensive testing we didn’t find any negative side effects. Tomcat 6 works and the exceptions are gone. Good luck!